About George Milne
George is a corporate associate in our global transactions group.
George focuses on M&A, private equity transactions and other corporate matters for private equity sponsors and other global financial investors across a range of sectors.
Prior to joining Freshfields in 2018, George worked at Bell Gully, a leading law firm in New Zealand.
- Advising CVC and GIC on the sale of a stake in the RAC Group.
- Advising AEA Investors on the acquisition of Polygon Group.
- Advising Montagu Private Equity on the acquisition of a majority position in ITRS Group.
- Advising AA plc on its public acquisition by Warburg Pincus and Towerbrook.
- Advising Allfunds Bank on its combination with Credit Suisse InvestLab and its strategic partnership with BNP Paribas.
- Advising Tesco on the US$10.6bn disposal of its Thai and Malaysian businesses.
- Advising PSPIB on the sale of its stake in the Alpha Trains rolling stock business.
- Advising CVC on the acquisition of Webpros.
- Advising Sixth Street Partners on the establishment of, and its investment into, the Clara Pension Platform and the addition of Wilton Re as an additional capital partner.
- Advising GIC on its minority investment in the ADNOC oil pipelines business alongside KKR and BlackRock, with Abu Dhabi National Oil Company retaining a majority stake.
- Advising Cinven on the acquisition of One.com.
- Advising Warburg Pincus and General Atlantic on their investment in Network International, and its subsequent IPO and premium listing on the London Stock Exchange.
- Advising various global financial investors on corporate and contractual matters relating to their funds and portfolio companies.
- The University of Otago, Bachelor of Laws (LLB)
- The University of Otago, Bachelor of Commerce with Honours (BCOM(Hons)
- Barrister and Solicitor of the High Court of New Zealand