About David Mitchell
David is a senior tax associate based in the New York office.
His practice focuses on tax issues related to cross-border M&A, structured finance, capital markets and financial products transactions. David also advises non-US financial institutions on US tax compliance matters, including the Department of Justice’s settlement program for Swiss banks, and works with the firm’s dispute resolution lawyers on global investigations involving US tax issues.
David speaks English and French.
- Advising AstraZeneca on its $39bn acquisition of Alexion (pending).
- KLX Inc. on the $4.2bn sale of its aviation parts and services business to the Boeing Co. and the spinoff of its energy services business (pending).
- International General Insurance Holdings Ltd., a private Dubai-based insurance company, in its merger with Tiberius Acquisition Corporation, a Nasdaq-listed US special purpose acquisition company.
- London Stock Exchange Group on its $27bn acquisition of Refinitiv from a consortium including Blackstone, CPPIB, GIC and Thomson Reuters.
- JD, LLM - Taxation, New York University School of Law School.
- LLB, Osgoode Hall York University, Ontario, Canada.
- BMath, University of Waterloo, Ontario, Canada.
- David is admitted to practice in the State of New York and the Province of Ontario, Canada.