About Simon Murray
Simon is a senior associate based in our London office. He regularly advises clients on internal investigations arising from allegations of bribery, corruption, fraud and other misconduct. He also has significant experience in tax investigations and disputes.
Simon’s practice includes advising clients in relation to complex, large-scale disputes. Simon works closely with colleagues in the Tax department on tax investigations and disputes. In relation to global investigations, Simon has acted on investigations in Europe, Asia and the Middle East.
- Advising multinational clients in relation to global investigations and anti-bribery and corruption compliance, money laundering and human rights.
- Advising on multi-party claims in the Chancery Division of the High Court seeking to recover dividends allegedly paid unlawfully and in breach of duty. The case involved complicated accounting questions related to contingent liabilities linked to environmental exposure in the US.
- Advising on various aspects of a dispute between a global sports company and the Indian tax authorities, involving proceedings in the Supreme Court of India and the English High Court.
- Advising a state-owned gas company in an ICC arbitration concerning a dispute arising from the construction of a gas pipeline.
- Advising a global commodities trading firm in relation to an ongoing dispute with HMRC, involving judicial review proceedings and appeals to the First-tier Tribunal (Tax).
Simon graduated with a BA/LLB from the University of Auckland and holds a first class Masters degree in International Relations and Human Rights, also from the University of Auckland. He is qualified as a solicitor in England & Wales and as a barrister and solicitor in New Zealand.