About Umraan Naeem
Umraan is a Dubai-based associate specialising in M&A, private equity, joint ventures and corporate restructurings.
He acts for a range of corporate and private equity (both sponsors and management) clients across various sectors.
A sample of Umraan’s recent experience includes advising:
- *The management team of Cognita on its sale by Bregal Investments and KKR to Jacobs Holding.
- *Keyhaven Capital Partners in respect of an equity investment by Aleph Capital Partners and Crestview Partners into the Darag Group.
- *Glendower Capital on the acquisition of an LP interest in a fund.
- *Alchemy Partners in respect of various portfolio company matters.
- *PKA and PFA in respect of their acquisition of a joint 50 per cent interest in the Walney Extension Offshore Wind Farm.
- *Early Power Limited as project company in relation to a 400MW LPG power project in Ghana.
- *European Bank for Reconstruction and Development in respect of the development and financing of the Al Safawi Solar PV Project in Jordan.
*Lawyer experience prior to joining Freshfields.
- The University of Law, London - Legal Practice Course (2014-2015)
- School of Oriental and African Studies, University of London - LLB Law (2011-2014)
- Qualified as Solicitor in England & Wales