About Sebastian Naujoks
Sebastian is a Global Transactions lawyer who specialises in asset finance with a focus on the aviation industry and cross-border leasing transactions.
He speaks German and English.
- Advising Gategroup on the acquisition of Lufthansa's LSG Sky Chefs EU business
- Advising the Malaysia Airlines group on its global restructuring, including the first use of a UK scheme to reduce liabilities under aircraft leases.
- Advising Air Berlin and NIKI Luftfahrt in the context of the insolvency proceedings over their assets and on the sale of their businesses
- Advising Airbus on a joint venture with Bombardier with respect to Bombardier’s aircraft type C-Series
- Advising a German asset bank on various financings and refinancings of rolling stock in Germany
- Advising a lessor of aircraft in civil litigation against a German lessee operating business jets relating to claims for repossession and damages
- Advising a German airline in various aircraft financings
- Advising a German fund initiator on unwinding of closed-ended funds
- Advising the insolvency administrator of a German commercial bank in all aspects of collection of debt (mandate prior to joining Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer)
- Baden-Wuerttemberg Cooperative State University (formerly Berufsakademie) Mannheim, Germany in cooperation with Fraport AG, Frankfurt am Main, Germany (Business administration / Management in Industry and Airport Management, Betriebswirtschaftslehre / Industrie- und Flughafenwirtschaft; Bachelor of Arts)
- University of Hamburg, Germany (Rechtswissenschaften, law)
- Higher Regional Court Hamburg, Germany (Referendariat, legal traineeship) with stations at the German Embassy in Bangkok and Deutsche Lufthansa AG
- since 2017 admitted to the German bar (Rechtsanwalt)
- member of the German-American Lawyers Association