About Amanda Neil
Amanda specialises in international commercial and investment arbitration, focusing on financial, corporate, commercial, telecommunications, energy and major projects matters.
She acts both in proceedings conducted under the rules of the major arbitration institutions and in ad hoc proceedings. She has also gained considerable experience as arbitrator and tribunal secretary. Prior to developing her expertise in dispute resolution, she spent many years as a transaction lawyer acting in finance and corporate matters.
Amanda speaks English and German.
- Representing Israeli investors in potential investment arbitration proceedings against an Eastern European State.
- Representing a South-East European State in an ICSID arbitration arising out of domestic investment legislation.
- Representing a Swiss company and its owners in LCIA arbitration proceedings relating to a post-acquisition dispute concerning complex taxation issues.
- Representing a South-East European company in ad hoc arbitration proceedings against a State-owned entity concerning the alleged wrongful termination of a petroleum sharing agreement.
- Representing a major Austrian telecommunications company in an ICC arbitration relating to purchase price adjustment claims and alleged breaches of representations and warranties.
- Representing a major Russian transport company in VIAC arbitration proceedings arising out of a failed rail project in the Middle East.
- University of Sydney (LLB (Hons))
- University of Sydney (BA (German))
- Solicitor, England and Wales
- Solicitor, New South Wales, Australia