About Ngoc Nguyen
Ngoc Nguyen is a senior associate in our Ho Chi Minh City office with over 12 years' experience advising clients in infrastructure and energy sector in Vietnam.
Ngoc represents clients in all aspects of acquiring, financing, developing and operating infrastructure projects. She also spends substantial time advising on the public-private partnership scheme in Vietnam. This is a particular strength where she has built up her reputation.
In both 2020 and 2021, Ngoc is ranked by IFLR as a "Rising Star" in Project Development in Vietnam and is the only associate lawyer in Vietnam highlighted by Chambers for the Project, Infrastructure and Energy practice.
Ngoc is also a specialist in competition law. She has assisted clients to successfully obtain clearance in Vietnam for a number of cross-border transactions.
- Acting for project sponsors and project companies in developing and operating infrastructure projects; Ngoc is currently acting for three groups of international sponsors on the development and financing of three on-going BOT power projects in Vietnam. She is also advising sponsors of pathfinding LNG-to-power projects on regulatory and commercial issues faced by these unprecedented projects in Vietnam.
- Representing infrastructure developers and investors in the transfer and acquisition of interests in projects, including both privately financed projects and privatisation of major state-owned assets.
- Advising commercial banks, export credit agencies and multilateral development banks on financing road and power projects.
- Representing oil and gas contractors in negotiating production sharing contracts with Vietnamese government and transfer and acquisition of participating interests in various projects in Vietnam and SEA jurisdictions.
- Advising Vietnamese state agencies on granting PPP concessions to private sponsors and on developing laws and regulations on PPP investments in Vietnam.
- University of Iowa College of Law, USA (LLM)
- Diplomatic Academy of Vietnam (BA in international law)
- Admitted to Vietnam Bar Association
- Admitted to Hanoi Bar Association