About Katie Palms
Katie is an investigations lawyer based in London, qualified in both the US (New York) and England and Wales.
She represents clients facing multijurisdictional government and internal investigations and advises on related areas of compliance risk management and white-collar criminal defence. She also provides strategic litigation and investigations advice, particularly to clients seeking a cross-border US-UK perspective.
- Conducting a targeted internal investigation for a UK company into allegations of bribery at a former subsidiary, raised in the context of a commercial dispute.
- Advising a European company in a multijurisdictional internal investigation into a wide-ranging set of potential legal issues in one of its divisions, including potential bribery and accounting irregularities.
- Representing a US company in a multi-year, multijurisdictional Foreign Corrupt Practices Act investigation by the US Department of Justice and the US Securities and Exchange Commission, as well as in related internal and ex-US government investigations.
- Advising a UK company on anti-corruption compliance matters, US FCPA risk and related private litigation risk in connection with several different joint ventures in different countries.
- Advising a UK company on a multi-jurisdictional bribery investigation, including advice on interacting with the UK Serious Fraud Office and the US Department of Justice.
- Advising a US company on the options for strategic litigation in England and Wales.
- Advising a European financial institution on developments in a US litigation in Delaware.
- Advising a UK charitable organisation on a fraud investigation and related matters, including advice on interacting with relevant authorities.
- Advising a European company on its anti-bribery and corruption risk in advance of a contemplated expansion into a new market.
- Harvard Law School (J.D.)
- Yale College (B.A.)
- Attorney-at-law, New York
- Attorney-at-law, U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York - S.D.N.Y.
- Solicitor, England and Wales