About Sarah Parkes
Sarah specialises in significant and complex financial services litigation, investigations and regulatory enforcement proceedings, as well as advising financial institutions and corporates on sanctions issues.
She is highly regarded for her advice on disputes concerning complex financial products and on the defence of groundbreaking large-scale investigations.
- Defending mis-selling claims brought against an investment bank by former private clients.
- Advising several major international banks on the impact of Iranian and Russian sanctions on their ability to perform obligations under financial markets contracts where the financial counterparty was potentially caught by EU sanctions.
- Advising Deloitte in respect of the proceedings brought by the FRC into the collapse of MG Rover.
- Advising a global investment bank in relation to a collection of regulatory and criminal investigations into allegations of a conspiracy among the world's largest banks to manipulate the setting of the LIBOR and other leading benchmark interest rates.
- Trinity Hall, Cambridge (first class law degree)