About James Parkin
James is a member of Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer’s Global Transactions Group and is based in our Hong Kong office.
James specialises in mergers and acquisitions, securities law and corporate advisory work and has acted for clients across a range of sectors.
Prior to joining Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer, James practised in Sydney, Australia as a Senior Associate in the Corporate and M&A practice of a leading global law firm.
- Advising PayPal on its acquisition of a 70 per cent equity interest in Guofubao Information Technology, being the holder of a payments business licence in the PRC.
- Advising Prudential on its long-term strategic bancassurance partnership in Thailand with TMB Bank Public Company Limited.
- Advising LafargeHolcim, a global leader in building materials and solutions, on its proposed US$2.15bn divestment of its controlling stake in PSE-listed Holcim Philippines to First Stronghold Cement Industries, a wholly-owned subsidiary of PSE-listed San Miguel Corporation.
- Advising NVC Lighting on its disposal of a 70 per cent interest in its China lighting business to Brilliant Lights Investment Pte. Ltd., a special purpose vehicle controlled by KKR, for approximately US$794m.
- Advising Global Brands Group on the sale of its kids’ manufacturing, wholesale and retail businesses in the PRC.
- Advising Circles.Life, Singapore’s fourth telecommunications company, on its Series B funding round.
- Advising ASX-listed Westfield Retail Trust on its restructure and merger with Westfield Group’s Australian and New Zealand business to create Scentre Group.*
- Advising ASX-listed Australand Property Group on its off-market takeover by Singapore Exchange-listed Frasers Centrepoint.*
- Advising ASX-listed Peet Limited on its initial and repeat offerings of simple corporate bonds.*
* Prior to joining Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer.
- The University of New South Wales, Sydney, Australia (Bachelor of Laws, First Class Honours)
- Solicitor of the High Court of Hong Kong
- Solicitor of the Supreme Court of New South Wales, Australia
- Solicitor of the Federal and High Courts of Australia
- Law Society of Hong Kong
- Law Society of New South Wales, Australia