About Renato Paternollo
Renato leads the tax practice in Italy.
He advises companies and funds on M&A transactions, corporate reorganizations, tax audits and investigations, settlements and litigation before the Italian tax courts.
Renato is regularly listed among Italian leading tax counsels in the major legal directories, such as Chambers and Who’s Who Legal.
Renato speaks English and Italian.
- Assisting a global technology company on a tax and criminal investigation relating to the alleged existence of an Italian permanent establishment, involving a potential tax claim in the region of Euro 2 billion.
- Assisting a leading player in the telecommunication sector on the spinoff of their tower business, for an enterprise value of Euro 1.7 bln.
- Assisting an international banking group on the tax and criminal investigations relating to the alleged offer of financial services in Italy through an undisclosed permanent establishment and related money laundering allegations. The matter was settled with the tax authorities for an aggregate amount in excess of Euro 100 mln.
- Assisting a leading Italian mobile telecommunication company on the refinancing of their financial debt, with early repayment of notes and credit facilities for an aggregate amount in excess of Euro 11 bln.
- Università Commerciale ‘Luigi Bocconi’, Milan (business administration, summa cum laude)
- Dottore commercialista (chartered accountant admitted to practise in front of tax courts)