About Tim Pick
Tim is the firm’s global sector group leader for Energy, Resources and Infrastructure.
A project development and finance specialist, Tim has more than 23 years’ experience of advising on some of the largest and most complex energy and natural resources projects in Africa, the Middle East and beyond.
Tim brings particular know-how in pipelines, liquefied natural gas, refineries, petrochemicals plants and smelters, as well as IPP/IWPP and wastewater projects.
Having spent 10 of the last 20 years living and working in Abu Dhabi, he also has a significant background with Middle Eastern sovereign wealth and national oil company clients, and acts as the firm’s relationship partner for several such entities.
- Advising Euler Hermes, SACE, EXIAR and syndicate of international, Russian and Chinese lenders on the EUR 11 billion financing of the Amur Gas Processing Plant in Eastern Siberia.
- Advising Jordan Petroleum Refining Company on the 4th expansion of its refinery at Zarqa, Jordan.
- Advising Noble Energy and Ratio Oil on the project financings of their interests in the Leviathan gas field, Israel.
- Advising the RT Global Resources-led consortium on the development of an oil refinery project at Hoima, Uganda.
- Advising the lenders (Bank of Valletta, HSBC, KfW and SG) in relation to a Malta liquefied natural gas-to-power project.
- Advising Egyptian Refining Company on all aspects of the development, financing and financial restructurings of their $4bn hydrocracker project at Mostorod, Cairo, Egypt.
- College of Law, York, UK (diploma in legal practice)
- Pembroke College, University of Cambridge , UK (BA, law)
- Solicitor, qualified October 1997