About Gabriele Maria Polito
Gabriele Maria Polito is an Associate in the "Antitrust, Competition and Trade" group.
Gabriele’s practice focuses on all areas of EU and Italian competition law, as well as regulatory and antitrust litigation, audits, compliance programs and foreign investment control. He has advised multinational clients in these areas, having experience across a wide range of sectors such as pharmaceutical, media, telecom, gambling, transport and automotive.
Before joining the firm, he worked in the EU Commission’s legal service, as an external consultant in a leading company in the telecommunications sector and in primary law firms based in Brussels and in Rome. Of Italian mother tongue, he is fluent in English and French.
- Advising a prominent operator in the gambling sector in the context of series of possible acquisitions of undertakings active in the same relevant markets.
- Assisting a client active in the supply of pet products in the context of the action brought in court to challenge the Italian Antitrust Authority's decision by which the divestiture of certain shops have been imposed upon the buyer to clear the transaction.
- Advising a global operator active in the container liner shipping services in the context of the acquisition of a group active in the loading and unloading of containers, Ro-Ro and bulk cargo.
- Assisting an international hotel advisory company in the context of the acquisition of a luxury hotel based in Italy.
- Ph.D. in EU law at the University of Bologna
- Ph.D. in joint supervision at the University of Strasbourg
- Roma Tre University (JD, magna cum laude)
- 2015, Admitted to the Italian Bar (Avvocato)