About Alex Potts
Alex is a corporate associate in our global transactions group in London, advising clients on public and private M&A transactions, joint venture arrangements and general corporate and listed company matters.
During his time at Freshfields, Alex has spent time on secondment to the firm's Hong Kong office. Alex is fluent in Spanish and proficient in French and Mandarin.
- Advising DAZN Group on a variety of investment and reorganisation matters, including the sale of a majority stake in the Goal, Spox and Voetbalzone businesses
- Advising Georgia Capital PLC on its share exchange offer for Georgia Healthcare Group PLC
- Advising Dubai World PLC on the recommended cash offer by Port & Free Zone World FZE (a wholly owned subsidiary of Dubai World)
- Advising Northgate plc on its all-share merger with Redde plc
- Advising Scotiabank on the disposal of its 49% interest in Thanachart Bank to TMB Bank as part of the merger between Thanachart Bank and TMB Bank
- Advising Comcast on its £30bn acquisition of Sky
- University of Nottingham (BA (Jt Hons) in Spanish and Contemporary Chinese Studies, first class)
- BPP University Law School (Graduate Diploma in Law and Legal Practice Course)
- Solicitor, England and Wales