About Sam Prevatt
Sam has particular experience in international arbitration and complex commercial litigation, representing clients in a variety of commercial disputes.
He focuses his practice on representing institutions and individuals in international commercial and investor-state arbitrations under the ICSID, ICC and LCIA rules, as well as in enforcement proceedings and related civil litigation. He has been recognized as a Future Leader in International Arbitration by Who’s Who Legal.
He speaks English and Arabic.
- Representing a leading US pharmaceutical company in a Singapore-seated ICC arbitration arising from long-term licensing and supply contracts.
- Representing ConocoPhillips in a multibillion-dollar ICSID arbitration arising from the expropriation of hydrocarbon and refining assets in Venezuela.
- Representing an oil major in an ICC arbitration brought by subsidiaries of a Latin American state-owned oil company in relation to a joint venture dispute, as well as confirmation proceedings before US federal district and appellate courts.
- Representing a US luxury goods company in a high-value international commercial arbitration arising from a long-term collaboration agreement.
- Representing a major financial institution in connection with claims brought in federal court by a Brazilian investor arising out of the sale of structured notes.
- Advising the Government of Latvia in an UNCITRAL arbitration concerning the insolvency of a bank.
- Representing ConocoPhillips in its ICSID arbitration claims against Ecuador arising from an expropriation of hydrocarbon resources.
- Advising a global biopharmaceutical company in investigations by the DOJ and the SEC relating to FCPA issues.
- Advising an international trust structure administered out of Monaco in alleged subsequent transfers in a Madoff clawback action.
- JD, Harvard Law School.
- AB, magna cum laude, Duke University.
- Harvard Divinity School, MTS in Islamic Studies.
- Admitted to practice in New York and North Carolina, as well as before the US Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit and the US District Courts for the Southern and Eastern Districts of New York.