About Kate Pumfrey
Kate advises on a range of employment issues, including public and private corporate transactions and outsourcings, and restructurings.
Her contentious experience includes unfair dismissal, whistleblowing and discrimination claims.
In the non-contentious sphere, Kate advises on:
- executive terminations and employee-focussed investigations;
- the establishment and impact of corporate transactions on employment matters, share schemes and associated corporate governance issues; and
- pensions issues in respect of corporate transactions.
She also advises on executive remuneration issues, including on the UK Financial Conduct Authority and Prudential Regulation Authority remuneration codes, collective redundancy exercises and the enforceability of restrictive covenants.
Kate has a particular interest in financial sector pay structures and the senior person’s regime.
In 2010 Kate spent six months on secondment to the London Organising Committee of the Olympic Games and Paralympic Games, during which she advised on the hiring of the executive producers of the opening and closing ceremonies, and on the human resourcing of the ceremonies.
In 2014 Kate spent six months on secondment to the in-house EMEA employment law team of a banking client.
- Advising a client in respect of an unfair dismissal and whistleblowing claim in the Employment Tribunal.
- Advising a bank on a confidential employee-focussed regulatory investigation.
- Advising a bank in respect of employee data protection issues arising in relation to SEC and DOJ requests for information and/or subpoenas.
- Advice to a bank on policies implementing the rules under the senior managers and certification regime and on the human resources impact of MiFIDII.
- Advising Exova plc on the employment and share plans aspects of its takeover by Element Materials Technology Limited.
- Advising Rexam on the employment and share plans aspects of its takeover by Ball Corporation.
- Advising Partnership Group on the employment and share plans aspects of its merger with Just Retirement.
- Advising Sophos Group on the employment and benefits aspects of its initial public offering.
- BPP Law School, UK (legal practice course)
- BPP Law School, UK (graduate diploma in law)
- Jesus College, University of Cambridge, UK (MA)
- Employment Lawyers Association (ELA) - Kate has participated in several ELA responses to government consultations
- Share Plan Lawyers, including sitting on its corporate and regulatory committee