About Nicholas Quah
Nicholas is a member of our antitrust, competition and trade practice based in Hong Kong.
Nicholas advises clients across a number of industry sectors on a broad range of competition law and regulatory issues including foreign investment, merger control, abuse of dominance, antitrust and market investigations, compliance programmes and general competition law issues across Hong Kong, China and the rest of the Asia-Pacific region. He is a core member of the ESG and financial institution antitrust sector group in Greater China.
He joined Freshfields in 2016 and has previously worked in the firm’s offices in Beijing and London. Nicholas was also previously seconded as a Senior Legal Cousnel, Competition Law at HSBC in Hong Kong.
Nicholas is fluent in English and Mandarin.
- Advising HSBC on the launch of its sustainability joint venture partnership with Temasek with a potential US$1 billion of loans to be issued
- Advising CK Hutchison Holdings Limited on the merger of its Indonesian telecommunications business with a transaction value of approximately US$6bn
- Advising a technology company on its acquisition of a Hong Kong e-hailing company
- Advising ESR Cayman on its US$5.2bn acquisition of ARA Asset Management
- Adivising CK Asset Holdings on its HK$17bn acquisition of four infrastructure companies
- Advising a hotel operator on an investigation by the Hong Kong Competition Commission in its role as a facilitator
- Advising Volkswagen in relation to its major investments in Anhui Jianghuai Automobile Group
- Advising Tesco on the US$10.6bn sale of its businesses in Thailand and Malayisa to CP Group
- Advising London Stock Exchange Group on its US$27bn acquisition of Refinitiv
- Advising Hongkong International Terminals in relation to its participation in the Hong Kong Seaport Alliance
- Advising a consortium comprising of ANTA Sports and Fountainvest on its takeover of Amer Sports valued at approximately €4.6bn
- King's College London, United Kingdom (Postgraduate Diploma in EU Competition Law)
- The University of Sydney (Bachelor of Commerce (Economics) and Bachelor of Laws)
- Solicitor, Hong Kong
- Solicitor, Australia (New South Wales)
- Registered foreign lawyer, Singapore