About Nicholas Quah
Nicholas is a member of our antitrust, competition and trade practice based in Hong Kong.
Nicholas advises clients across a number of industry sectors on a broad range of competition law issues including merger control, abuse of dominance, antitrust and market investigations, compliance programmes and general competition law issues across Hong Kong, China and the rest of the Asia-Pacific region.
He joined Freshfields in 2016 and has previously worked in the firm’s offices in Beijing and London.
Nicholas is fluent in English and Mandarin.
- Advising a hotel operator on an investigation by the Hong Kong Competition Commission in its role as a facilitator
- Advising Affinity Equity Partners on its minority investment in Plaza Premium Group
- Advising Volkswagen in relation to its major investments in Anhui Jianghuai Automobile Group
- Advising Tesco on the US$10.6bn sale of its businesses in Thailand and Malayisa to CP Group
- Advising London Stock Exchange Group on its US$27bn acquisition of Refinitiv
- Advising Hongkong International Terminals in relation to its participation in the Hong Kong Seaport Alliance
- Advising a consortium comprising of ANTA Sports and Fountainvest on its takeover of Amer Sports valued at approximately €4.6bn
- The University of Sydney (Bachelor of Commerce (Economics) and Bachelor of Laws)
- Solicitor, Hong Kong
- Solicitor, Australia (New South Wales)
- Registered foreign lawyer, Singapore