About Elske Raedts
Elske focuses on competition law, European law and regulated markets across a range of sectors (including telecoms, media, energy and environmental law). She represents clients before the Dutch and European courts and advises on proceedings before several competition authorities.
Elske’s work covers all aspects of competition law matters, including complex mergers control and foreign investment aspects of M&A deals, antitrust investigations and litigation, as well as advising and litigating on other aspects of EU law, including free movement, state aid, access to documents and market regulation.
Building on her experience in IP law (with a focus on cross-border patent litigation), she is also involved in its interface with competition law.
Elske has been seconded to Hong Kong and Brussels in the course of her career.
She speaks Dutch, English, German and French.
- Advising AB InBev with respect to the European Commission’s abuse of dominance investigation in relation to parallel trade.
- Advising Van Leeuwen Pipe and Tube Group on its acquisition of BENTELER Distribution, the international distribution division of BENTELER International AG.
- Advising CPP Investments and Allianz Capital Partners (ACP) on the investment in the Spanish gas distribution business of Gas Natural Fenosa (GNF).
- Advising Hutchinson Whampoa on the creation of the Italian mobile telecommunications joint venture.
- Representing Liberty Global, Vodafone and VodafoneZiggo as interveners in actions brought by competing telecom operator KPN before the General Court for the annulment of the European Commission’s clearance decision of the aquisition of Ziggo by Liberty Global.
- Representing Emilio de Capitani (former MEP) in successful litigation against the European Parliament over access to documents.
- Representing Thyssenkrupp in follow-on damage claim proceedings in the Netherlands concerning elevators and escalators.
- Intern cabinet of judge Sir K. Schiemann at the Court of Justice of the European Union (2007-08)
- European Law School, University of Maasticht, the Netherlands (LLB-LLM, 2002-07)