About Nigel Rawding QC
Nigel is a partner in our international arbitration practice.
Consistently recognised by the legal directories as a leading international arbitration practitioner, Nigel is based in London, having spent periods of time working in the firm’s New York and Hong Kong offices.
His arbitration experience includes numerous ad hoc, ICC, LCIA and UNCITRAL arbitrations and other cases, mainly as counsel but also sitting as arbitrator. He has also represented clients in a wide variety of UK High Court commercial litigation cases.
Nigel is an experienced solicitor-advocate (Higher Rights, Civil) and was appointed Queen’s Counsel (QC) in 2016 in recognition of his advocacy skills.
- Representing an international telecoms operator in UNCITRAL arbitration and related proceedings in Lagos, Nigeria in respect of a high-value shareholder dispute.
- Representing a leading Israeli bank in LCIA London proceedings in connection with the aborted purchase of a majority stake in an eastern European bank.
- Representing a leading Indian industrial company in a shareholder dispute with a JV partner in the telecoms sector referred to LCIA arbitration in London.
- Representing a major multinational pharmaceuticals company in ICC arbitration proceedings involving an Asian distributor.
- Representing a member of a European banking consortium in a post-acquisition dispute in the financial services sector referred to ICC arbitration in Paris.
- Manchester Grammar School, UK
- University of Cambridge, UK
- ICC Commission on International Arbitration
- Director of the LCIA