About Angus Reston
Angus is a senior associate in Freshfields' commercial dispute resolution group.
Angus advises on competition, commercial and public law disputes, as well as internal and regulatory corporate investigations.
Angus has particular experience in advising clients on complex multi-jurisdictional competition disputes before courts in England and around Europe, including the landmark Trucks litigation. Angus acts on a number of collective actions before the UK Competition Appeal Tribunal.
During his time at Freshfields, Angus has spent six months on secondment to the firm's Berlin office.
- Acting for Volvo/Renault Trucks in co-ordinating its Europe-wide defence of claims arising from the European Commission’s infringement decision relating to the trucks industry.
- Representing Govia Thameslink Railway in two proposed opt-out collective proceedings concerning alleged abuses of dominance relating to rail tickets.
- Acting for a consortium of insurance companies in judicial review proceedings.
- Advising a professional services company in relation to allegations of bribery and corruption in Asia.
- Advising a client in the oil and gas sector in relation to allegations of bribery and corruption in the Middle East.
- Acting for Asahi Glass in follow-on damages litigation following the European Commission’s infringement decision relating to the car glass industry.
- Pro bono - Representing ATLEU, an anti-human trafficking charity, in its intervention before the UK Supreme Court in A&B v CICA  UKSC 27 regarding modern slavery and the Criminal Injuries Compensation Scheme.
- King's College London – Postgraduate Diploma in Competition Law
- BPP University – Graduate Diploma in Law; Legal Practice Course
- Durham University – BA Combined Honours in Arts (History and English)
- Qualified in England & Wales