About Meghan Rissmiller
Meghan is a partner in our antitrust, competition and trade practice, based in Washington, DC. Meghan specializes in US aspects of multi-jurisdictional merger control, representing clients for over a decade before the US Department of Justice (DOJ) and the Federal Trade Commission (FTC).
Meghan is known for her ability to help clients develop effective global clearance strategies for transactions involving complex and high-stakes antitrust issues. Clients value Meghan’s ability to view US antitrust matters through an international lens.
Meghan is experienced in counseling clients on a wide range of antitrust issues, including competitor collaborations, joint ventures, all aspects of vertical relationships, and contractual arrangements. She has also litigated antitrust cases in federal court and administrative actions. She has significant experience in a variety of industries with a particular emphasis on chemicals; defense; manufacturing; technology, media and telecommunications; and retail and consumer goods. Of her many skills, Meghan is best known for her ability to become fully immersed in her clients’ businesses and for providing highly tailored and thoughtful commercial advice.
Meghan is a leader in the American Bar Association's Section of Antitrust Law through her role as a Vice Chair of the Federal Civil Enforcement Committee. She is also a member of Law360’s 2021 Competition Editorial Advisory Board. Early in her career, Meghan clerked for the Honorable Jane R. Roth of the US Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit, giving her valuable insight into judicial thinking and how to successfully advocate for her clients.
Meghan is active in the firm’s law school and judicial clerk recruiting process. In addition, she is a member of Freshfields’ diversity committee, was co-head of the African-American Attorney Affinity Network at her prior firm, and was a 2017 Leadership Council on Legal Diversity (LCLD) fellow.
- Represented Amcor plc in its US$6.8bn acquisition of Bemis Company, Inc.
- Represented BASF in its USD$2.7bn water and paper chemicals transaction with Solenis.
- Represented Change Healthcare before the US DOJ for its US$3.4bn JV with McKesson Technology Solutions.
- Antitrust counsel to Orbital Sciences Corporation in its US$5bn merger of equals with Alliant Techsystems (ATK).
- Counseling clients across industries on various antitrust issues, including issues related to pricing, vertical agreements, joint ventures, information sharing, and consumer protection.
- Represented consumer goods company in FTC consumer protection investigation.
- J.D., Georgetown University Law Center, 2008
- B.A., College of William & Mary, magna cum laude, 2003
- Vice Chair, Federal Civil Enforcement Committee, American Bar Association Section of Antitrust Law
- Memeber, Law360 2021 Competition Editorial Advisory Board
- Vice Chair (former), Pricing Conduct Committee, American Bar Association Section of Antitrust Law
- Editor (former), The Antitrust Source, American Bar Association Section of Antitrust Law
- Member, Section of Antitrust Law, American Bar Association
- District of Columbia
- State of Maryland
- District of Columbia Court of Appeals
- Maryland Court of Appeals
- U.S. District Court, District of Columbia
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Sixth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Third Circuit
Awards and recognitions
- Competition Future Leader – Who’s Who Legal 2019 – 2020