About James Roberts
James is a senior associate in our dispute resolution practice in London, specialising in international product liability and environmental disputes.
James’ focus on complex multijurisdictional claims means that he is experienced at handling the concurrent challenges that often surround these claims, including engaging effectively with regulators, prosecutors and other interested parties (such as the media), as well as clients’ commercial counterparties and customers.
James has particular expertise in relation to English group (class/collective) litigation having recently acted on two of the most high profile group actions in the High Court.
- Acting for a multinational automotive manufacturer in relation to regulatory issues and civil proceedings arising out of allegations concerning the affected vehicles’ emissions.
- Successfully defending one of the world's largest energy companies in English High Court litigation proceedings brought by a group of Colombian landowners, claiming for environmental damage to their properties allegedly caused by the construction of an oil pipeline.
- Advising clients in relation to appearances before, and submissions to, British Parliamentary Select Committees.
- Advising clients in relation to a variety of product liability issues (including product recalls) and legislative developments.
- Advising clients how to engage effectively with regulators responsible for overseeing a variety of sectors.