About Julia Robilliard-Smith
Julia is an associate in our Global Transactions Group. She is currently based in London and specialises in financial services law and regulation.
Julia has experience advising hedge, credit and private equity funds, asset managers and investors. Her practice covers both advisory work and the regulatory aspects of transactions, reorganisations and fundraises. She has previously advised on:
- regulatory regimes including SMCR, IFPR, AIFMD and MIFID II;
- FCA change in control analyses and filings;
- new firm authorisation projects;
- regulatory perimeter issues;
- anti-money laundering queries;
- the coordination of regulatory advice required in respect of global projects including IPOs; and
- the structuring, establishment and promotion of investment fund vehicles.
Julia's recent experience includes advising:
- on transactions involving financial institutions; and
- on global projects involving restructurings and reorganisations of financial institutions across numerous jurisdictions.
- Admitted to the roll of solicitors of England and Wales in September 2018
- LPC, BPP Law School
- GDL, BPP Law School
- Biology BSc (Hons), Imperial College London