About Sarah Robinson
Sarah advises on a wide range of litigation and regulatory proceedings in the banking and financial services sector.
She specialises in complex financial disputes and has significant experience of high value, large scale matters with a multi-jurisdictional dimension.
- Acting for Deutsche Bank in Deutsche Bank v Sebastian Holdings Inc. in respect of Deutsche Bank's successful claim for around $230m and successful defence of Sebastian Holdings' $7bn counterclaim, the largest post credit crunch claim heard in the English Commercial Court.
- Advising leading financial services institutions in relation to regulatory action brought by the UK Financial Conduct Authority.
- Acting for a global retail bank in respect of customer complaints regarding issues relating to the Equality Act 2010.
- Advising on multi-party claims in the Chancery Division of the High Court seeking to recover dividends allegedly paid unlawfully and in breach of duty. The case involved complicated accounting questions related to contingent liabilities linked to environmental exposure in the US.
- Sarah has spent time on secondment at a global investment bank.
- University of Cambridge, MA (Cantab) in English
- Graduate Diploma in Law, College of Law
- Legal Practice Course, BPP Law School