About Dr. Michael Rohls
Michael specialises in international and domestic civil litigation and arbitration. As well as post-M&A disputes and commercial litigation, he focuses on distribution law and finance disputes. He also acts as an arbitrator.
Clients come back to Michael again and again for his experience in national and international disputes. His personal involvement, tenacity and hands-on approach are greatly valued.
He speaks German and English.
- Defending the British insurer Clerical Medical against the one of the largest mass claims in Germany.
- Representing BayernLB regarding its multi-billion Euro claims for repayment of loans by Hypo Alpe Adria (HETA) in state courts in Germany and Austria, involving complex issues of international bail-in rules and equity compensation laws.
- Representing EnBW against former managers in respect of substantial D&O claims.
- Representing an international logistics provider in one of the largest DIS arbitrations regarding post-M&A claims.
- Representing an international energy company in an LCIA arbitration and parallel state court proceedings in Germany, Hungary, Estland and Russia regarding damages claims arising out of an international joint venture.
- University of Frankfurt am Main (Dr. jur)
- Boalt Hall, School of Law, Berkeley, California (LL.M.)
- Rechtsanwalt, Germany