About Ingrid Rois
Ingrid is a disputes and antitrust associate in our London office.
Ingrid's practice incorporates competition and general commercial disputes, advisory work, and regulatory and internal investigations.
She has a particular focus on antitrust/competition follow-on litigation and investigations.
During her time at Freshfields, Ingrid has spent six months on secondment to BP and a year on secondment to the Freshfields Madrid office.
- Defending Mastercard in the Merricks v Mastercard proceedings before the UK Competition Appeal Tribunal, Court of Appeal and Supreme Court. The case is the first major consumer claim under the new UK collective proceedings regime and one of the largest damages claims ever brought in the UK. Read more about the litigation in our case study.
- Advising on an internal investigation by a large financial institution into competition and financial regulatory issues in relation to its trading of financial products.
- Advising a major trucks manufacturer on the defence of follow-on litigation across Europe, following the imposition of record cartel fines by the European Commission.
- Advising Asahi Glass in relation to follow-on damages litigation in both the English High Court and UK Competition Appeal Tribunal, following fines imposed by the European Commission after its car glass investigation.
- King's College London, UK (PG Diploma in EU Competition Law)
- University of Oxford, UK (BCL)
- University College London, UK (LLB)
- Qualified in England and Wales, and admitted in Ireland