About Adam Ryan
Adam is an experienced commercial lawyer specialising in the technology, media and telecoms (TMT), consumer and financial services sectors.
He is one of the lead associates in Freshfields’ fintech group. Taking advantage of his commercial IP/IT experience and technology background, Adam regularly presents to clients and regulators on all aspects of fintech, including distributed ledger technology (blockchain), smart contacts, payments, insurtech, regtech and virtual currencies.
- Advising on acquisitions and disposals of intellectual property and IT assets in the context of international M&A, joint ventures and other transactions.
- Managing complex carve-outs and separation projects.
- Drafting and negotiating a wide variety of commercial contracts, including outsourcing and service agreements, distribution agreements, IP licences, administration agreements and mobile virtual network operator arrangements.
- Advising on IP structuring and protection issues.
- Advising on data protection/data privacy matters.
- Bond University, Queensland, Australia (bachelor of information technology/bachelor of laws with honours)
- Solicitor, England and Wales
- Solicitor, New South Wales, Australia