About Sara Salem
Sara is an associate in our antitrust, competition, and trade practice, based in Washington, DC.
Sara represents clients on a broad range of antitrust issues, including mergers and acquisitions, civil antitrust litigation, international cartel investigations, and corporate compliance programs.
Sara rejoins Freshfields from her clerkship with the Honorable Kent A. Jordan of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit.
Sara’s experience includes advising:
- Google in The State of Texas, et al. v. Google, LLC and in the MDL In re Google Advertising Antitrust Litigation, in its defense of litigation brought by state AGs, as well as various class action plaintiffs, alleging violations of Sections 1 and 2 of the Sherman Act in connection with Google’s ad tech business;
- A Norwegian farm-raised salmon producer in multidistrict U.S. class action litigation alleging price-fixing of farm-raised Atlantic salmon sold into the United States;
- Cengage Learning on its proposed merger with McGraw-Hill Education, which would have created the world’s largest higher education publisher; and
- Novartis on its recent $2.1bn acquisition of Endocyte Inc., a US-based, publicly held, biopharmaceutical company focused on developing targeted therapeutics for cancer treatment.
- JD, University of Florida Levin College of Law, summa cum laude
- Order of the Coif
- Communications Editor for the Florida Law Review
- BS in Psychology, University of Florida, cum laude
- District of Columbia