About Umberto Santacroce
Umberto is one of our senior associates in the Italian tax practice group.
He advises on the taxation of domestic and cross-border mergers and acquisitions, corporate reorganisations, financial products, capital market transactions, securitisations, financings and leasing transactions.
Umberto regularly assists leading international banks in connection with the Italian tax implications of structured finance arrangements, and he has also gained a significant experience in the Italian financial transactions tax.
Of Italian mother tongue, he speaks English fluently.
- Assisting a leading German corporate in a cross-border takeover deal in excess of €16bn.
- Assisting several international banks in connection with the Italian tax implications of their Brexit-led reorganizations.
- Advising three leading international investors in relation to the purchase of a portfolio of non-performing loans (€1,397bn GBV) originated by 53 banks.
- Assisting an Italian multinational group in connection with a €7bn multi-borrower, multijurisdictional and multi-facility refinancing transaction.
- Assisting an international bank on the Italian tax implications of a new market access model in the context of Target 2 Securities, the European Central Bank initiative to centralise bonds settlement on a single European platform.
- "Università Commerciale Luigi Bocconi" of Milano Economics degree - summa cum laude
- ‘Dottore Commercialista’ (chartered accountant admitted to practice in front of tax courts)