About Dr. Daniel Schnabl
Daniel represents clients in complex litigation and arbitration proceedings involving most areas of business law, with a particular focus on post-M&A disputes, joint venture disputes, construction disputes and liability cases.
Daniel has represented clients in numerous arbitration cases as well as complex litigation cases, including cross-border litigation. In more than a decade of dispute experience, he has appeared before courts and arbitral tribunals around the globe and was involved in several landmark cases decided by the German Supreme Court.
He has also acted as arbitrator (including as president of the arbitral tribunal and as sole arbitrator) in several arbitration proceedings including ICC, DIS and ad hoc arbitrations. Secondments took Daniel to our offices in London, New York, Düsseldorf, and to one of our clients in Berlin.
He has published numerous articles on commercial, contract and procedural law. Several of his articles have been referred to in decisions of the German Supreme Court and other federal courts. Clients value his wide range of experience as well as his creativity and commitment.
Daniel speaks German and English.
- Representing a provider of gas storage caverns in several arbitrations against a construction company as well as tenants.
- Representing a major airline in litigation regarding the prepayment practice for airline tickets leading to a landmark decision of the German Supreme Court (BGH NJW 2016, 2404).
- Conducting an investigation regarding the 2006 Soccer World Cup in Germany
- Representing airberlin in litigation against the airport BER regarding its delayed opening.
- Acting as president of an arbitral tribunal under the DIS-Rules. Acting as sole arbitrator in an arbitration under the ICC-Rules. Acting as party appointed arbitrator in several cases (DIS, ad hoc).
- Representing a major leasing company in litigation regarding the residual value of leased cars leading to a landmark decision of the German Supreme Court (BGH NJW 2014, 2269).
- University of Leipzig (Law)
- University of Leipzig, Germany (Dr iur, summa cum laude)
- University of Miami, US (LLM)
- Georgetown University, US (Foundations of American Law)
- Regional Court Frankfurt a.M. (legal clerkship)
- Rechtsanwalt, Germany
- Feldbausch Award for an outstanding doctoral thesis
- Fulbright Scholarship