About Eva Schneider
Eva Schneider is an associate in our global transactions group and specialises in finance law and financial services regulation.
Her practice covers transactions in all areas of finance, from loans to structured products, and advisory work. Eva has a wide range of financial regulatory experience and helps clients navigate complex regulatory compliance and risk issues, including in the areas of banking, payments, investment, and insurance regulation. She also supports financial institutions in regulatory proceedings and on regulatory aspects of transactions, restructurings, investigations, and disputes.
Eva has spent six months on secondment to a global mobile payment service provider and has also been seconded to our Frankfurt office. She is a member of the firm's financial institutions group, global fintech core team, and CEE country group. In addition, Eva has written for a number of legal journals and regularly presents on matters of finance, financial regulation and developments at the intersection of technology and financial services.
She speaks German, English, French, and Italian.
- Advising regional and international credit and payment institutions, investment firms, and insurance companies on regulatory matters (e.g. capital requirements, governance, outsourcing, AML, fit & proper, remuneration), including in related investigations and proceedings.
- Advising a major Austrian bank on the passporting of its banking license related to the establishment of a branch in Germany.
- Advising global financial institutions on the sale of business lines in the areas of asset management, investment services, and payment services.
- Advising a globally leading payments and e-money services provider on various digital products and innovative business ideas.
- Advising European neobrokers and crypto trading businesses on crypto regulation and registrations as virtual asset service providers.
- Advising a bank and its affiliates in CEE on the securitisation of loan and lease receivables in the Czech Republic, Slovakia, Croatia, Romania, and Bulgaria.
- Advising UniCredit Bank Austria AG and 17 other lenders on a €477.2m credit facility provided to refractory market leader RHI AG for the acquisition of Brazil-based Magnesita Refratários S.A.
- Advising a car manufacturer on the largest restructuring of a Portuguese group in the country's history.
- Vienna University of Economics and Business, Austria – economics, focus banking and finance (MSc)
- University of Graz, Austria – law (Mag.iur.)
- University of Graz, Austria – business administration (BSc)
- Università Commerciale Luigi Bocconi, Italy – international economics (exchange semester)
- Institut d'études politiques de Paris (Sciences Po), France – international relations and European affairs (exchange year)
- Rechtsanwältin, Vienna bar, Austria
Before joining the firm, Eva worked in the European Parliament’s legal service (economic and monetary affairs) in Brussels, the Austrian trade commission in Seoul, an Austria-based bank as well as courts and authorities in Vienna.