About Dr. Norbert Schneider
Norbert is one of Germany’s leading names in corporate and M/A tax
Norbert brings more than 20 years’ tax experience to complex, cross-border tax matters. He specialises in national and international tax law – in particular, the structuring and financing of national and international mergers and acquisitions.
He also has an impressive track record in big tax-optimised corporate restructurings, where he combines his cutting-edge tax advice with corporate law and accounting implications into seamless advice for the client. He is a sought-after adviser for a wide range of clients, including German and foreign multinationals and private equity investors.
Norbert has a broad network of close contacts within the German tax administration, which is often key for the resolution of complex problems.
He speaks German and English and some French.
- Advising Continental on i.a.the spin-off of Vitesco and various other restructurings
- Advising KKR on its public takeover of Axel Springer SE and the following delisting and squeeze-out
- Advising HOCHTIEF on its takeover of Spanish toll-road operator Abertis and the formation of a joint venture holding with Atlantia and ACS. Read more about the deal in our case study.
- Advising BASF on the formation of a joint venture of its subsidiary Wintershall and the DEA group in the oil and gas sector.
- Advising Messer Group and CVC on the $3.3bn acquisition of parts of Linde's and Praxair's North and South American industrial gases business.
- Advising METRO on the tax-optimised split of the group into cash-and-carry and consumer electronics businesses.
- Advising Airbus on the tax-optimised carve-out of its defence electronics business and the subsequent sale to KKR.
- Advising Deutsche Lufthansa on the tax-optimised carve-out of its Miles & More bonus mile programme.
- University of Applied Sciences Nordkirchen, Germany (tax law)
- University of Cologne, Germany (law)
- University of Bochum, Germany (doctor of law)
- Law doctorate (Dr iur)
- Tax inspector (Diplom-Finanzwirt (FH))
- Tax adviser (Steuerberater)
- Frequent speaker on tax-related issues at seminars, and lectures on tax since 2007 at the university in Düsseldorf.