About Dr. Elmar Schnitker
Elmar’s core area of work covers employment and pension issues arising in transactions and post-transactional integration and restructuring, including mass redundancies and the harmonisation of terms and conditions.
He specialises in restructuring and transactions, collective employment law (the law of co-determination, works council constitution law, collective bargaining law, share option schemes), with a particular focus on company pensions law.
Elmar also regularly advises clients in the course of establishing or terminating service agreements with board members or managing directors.
In addition, he is a dedicated specialist for occupational pension schemes (including public sector schemes such as VBL) and the establishment and handling of CTAs.
Elmar speaks German and English.
- Advising Hewlett Packard on the pension aspects of their demerger and various spin-off and outsourcing projects.
- Advising Bayer on the pension aspects of the spin-off of Covestro and its internal group restructuring.
- Advising Bayer, KPMG, Hewlett Packard, REWE, Agilent a.o. on CTA related matters.
- Advising ista on the restructuring and sale of its German business.
- Advising Ströer on its acquisition and restructuring of T-Online.
- Doctoral thesis on employment law matters in connection with the transformation of companies, University of Münster, Germany
- Rechtsanwalt, Germany