About Dr. Nicholas Schoch
Nicholas is an Associate in our dispute, litigation and arbitration practice group, a member of our global investigations group and our risk, conduct & compliance group. He focuses on advising international companies in connection with regulatory, white-collar crime and internal investigations as well as the legal issues arising in this context.
He specializes in internal, cross-border investigations and the associated process and crisis management. In addition, he advises and represents national and international clients in legal disputes, in particular following complex investigations. In addition, he advises globally operating clients on preventive compliance-related questions.
- Advising a major DAX-listed client on a cross-border investigation of various alleged data protection breaches
- Providing comprehensive compliance and investigations advice as well as overall strategic guidance for a multinational accounting firm in connection with the insolvency of a German DAX-listed company
- Advising Europe’s largest automobile manufacturer in relation to the diesel emissions issue, particularly leading various investigations and the reappraisal of the facts required for the defence in civil, criminal, employment and regulatory proceedings worldwide
- Conducting a major internal investigation for one of the world’s leading automobile manufacturers regarding the development, homologation and sale of diesel vehicles subject to an official recall due to the installation of an illegal defeat device as well as subsequent crisis management
- Advising a leading FinTech company in relation to an internal investigation related to a cross-border data privacy incident, including related communications with regulatory and law enforcement agencies
- Advising a global financial institution on its current group guidelines on whistle-blowing and whistle-blower protection in light of new the EU whistle-blower protection directive (Directive (EU) 2019/1937) and advising on necessary revisions both at group level and in various jurisdictions across Europe
- Advising a large financial institution on various issues relating to money laundering law, including the associated investigation of facts