About Dr. Ulrich Scholz
Ulrich’s experience in competition law stretches across the whole range of sectors, including energy, chemicals, retail and manufacturing. He has represented German, pan-European and multinational clients.
He takes a particular interest in competition and regulatory issues relating to the energy sector, and is known as an imaginative and persuasive advocate.
Ulrich has been in demand as an international arbitrator within the energy sector. He is known for the speed with which he familiarises himself with the details of his client’s business, so that his authoritative legal advice is tempered with a real awareness of the client’s commercial interests.
He speaks German and English.
- Advising HOCHTIEF on its acquisition (alongside ACS and Atlantia) of toll-road operator Abertis. Read more about the deal in our case study.
- Universities of Cologne and Bonn, Germany
- Tulane Law School, New Orleans, US
- Member of the German Bar Association
- Member of the Studienvereinigung Kartellrecht, an association of German-speaking competition lawyers
- Member of the German-American Lawyer Association