About Benjamin Schoo
Benjamin advises clients on a broad range of EU and German competition law issues, including merger control, behavioural investigations, competition compliance and competition litigation across a range of sectors.
Benjamin has spent time on secondment to the firm's London office, and worked for the competition team of another London-based firm prior to joining Freshfields.
He is fluent in German, English and French.
- Advising a private equity firm in a complex merger in the hearing aid sector;
- Advising on a phase II merger investigation before the European Commission in the telecoms sector;
- Representing a major bank in several cartel and regulatory investigations on a national and EU level;
- Representing a financial services client in a cartel investigation by the EU Commission that resulted in a commitment decision;
- Advising German clients on competition compliance and leniency applications; and
- Acting in relation to merger control matters across the financial services, healthcare and telecoms sectors.
- Kings College London (Postgraduate Diploma in EU competition law)
- BPP Law School, Leeds (Graduate Diploma in Law)
- University of Law, London (Legal Practice Course)
- York University, UK (BA Philosophy, Politics and Economics)
- Solicitor, England and Wales, Ireland