About Dr. Andreas Schuler
Andreas Schuler primarily advises on telecommunications law and public commercial law.
His focus is on regulatory advice to network operators, service providers and other companies that increasingly fall into the focus of telecommunications law. This concerns, among other things, over-the-top services (OTT), such as messenger apps or video conferencing tools.
He assists technology-driven companies in the evaluation of new apps (including in the area of IoT and connected vehicles) as well as in their market entry in Germany.
The support and conduct of administrative proceedings before the Federal Network Agency and administrative and civil court proceedings form a further focus of his work.
Andreas Schuler also negotiates commercial contracts for telecommunications services, including interconnection agreements for network operators.
His advice covers all technologies, such as ADSL, VDSL, vectoring, WIA, IP-BSA, L2-BSA, FTTH/B as well as G.fast and mobile communication (4G, 5G).
Andreas Schuler advises on regulatory aspects of the increasing number of transactions in the fibre optic network operator sector. He knows the regulatory risks and future developments in the telecommunications sector, which are decisive for a successful investment.
There is also a new need for advice due to the increasing convergence of digital services. In this context, 5G technology opens up new opportunities and leads to new market participants.
Andreas Schuler also covers advice on public commercial law, including administrative and constitutional court litigation. His experience and knowledge in the area of product regulation as well as energy law are particularly noteworthy.
He regularly publishes on topics in the telecommunications sector.
He speaks German and English.
- Advising United Internet and subsidiaries in various regulatory proceedings before the German Federal Network Agency, the German Federal Cartel Office and before administrative and civil courts, as well as in contract negotiations on the construction of the new 5G network in Germany and on FTTH expansion
- Telecommunications law (regulatory) advice to, among others, premium car manufacturers with regard to connected vehicles and services offered
- Advising on the market launch of an app for connected cars
- Advising on the market entry of a foreign mobile network operator for an IoT/M2M offering in Germany
- Negotiating interconnection agreements and mobile connectivity contracts in the mobile sector
- Advising a fibre optic network operator on a partnership with a Dutch network operator
- Advising a gas pipeline operator in relation to proceedings before the German Federal Network Agency
- Advising a neobroker in relation to critical infrastructure in the information technology sector in the context of a Series E financing
- Product law advice to pan-European retailers in relation to product recalls
- Advising German nuclear power plant operators in the context of various licensing, regulatory and court proceedings
- Law studies at the University of Bonn, focus: Commercial and regulatory law
- Doctorate (Dr. iur., summa cum laude), University of Bonn
- Legal clerkship (Referendariat) at the Regional Court of Wuppertal, including a training period at the German Embassy in Manila, Philippines
- Rechtsanwalt (attorney-at-law, Germany)