About Dr. Alexander Schwahn
Alex acts for corporate groups, financial investors and high net worth individuals.
He specialises in corporate and investment tax, with a particular focus on the structuring of transactions (especially M&A, private equity and real estate transactions) and the set-up of international and domestic investment platforms. He also has extensive experience in advising on group reorganisations. Since the financial crisis Alex has advised many clients in the context of restructurings and insolvency proceedings. In addition to advising investors and companies, he also advises public authorities.
Alexander speaks German and English.
- Degrees from the University of Münster (1st state exam) and Hamburg (2nd state exam)
- Degrees from the University of Kiel (Dr jur) and Stellenbosch University (LL.M.)
- Certified tax lawyer
- Hamburg Bar Association
- The Hamburg Chamber of Certified Tax Advisors
- Head of the German American Lawyers' Association's tax group
- Lectures at the Master of International Taxation (M.I. Tax) programme at the University of Hamburg and frequently gives presentations on current corporate and international tax issues