About Dr. Simon Schwarz
Simon regularly advises listed companies in matters of general corporate, corporate governance and capital markets law, as well as in corporate finance and M&A transactions.
He is a member of the firm-wide listed companies client solutions group.
Simon speaks German, English and French.
- Advising HOCHTIEF on its acquisition (alongside ACS and Atlantia) of toll-road operator Abertis. Read more about the deal in our case study.
- Advising PUMA on its separation from Kering and its change of governance structure.
- Advising KfW on its acquisition of 20% in 50Hertz.
- Advising Stada in the context of the auction process and subsequent public takeover.
- Advising Deutsche Bank on the IPO of DWS group.
- Advising Volkswagen on several settlement agreements in the US relating to the diesel issue.
- Advising Amadeus on its public delisting offer for i:FAO.
- Advising Nordex on its acquisition of Acciona Wind Power.
- Advising Nordex on a capital increase and subsequent takeover offer by Acciona.
- Advising IVG Immobilien on its restructuring including a debt-to-equity swap exceeding €2bn.
- University of Hamburg and University of Geneva (Law)
- University of Cambridge (Master of Law)
- University of Hamburg (Doctorate in Law)
- University of Hamburg (Habilitation in the fields of Commercial and Economic Law, Civil Law as well as Private International and Comparative Law)
- Rechtsanwalt, Germany