About Paul Seppi
Paul is a member of our antitrust, competition and trade practice in London.
Paul helps global corporate clients and financial investors navigate the antitrust and regulatory aspects of cross-border M&A deals, including merger control and foreign investment filings. He also advises on cartel and other behavioural investigations, as well as broader regulatory and strategic competition law issues.
He has experience across a range of industries, with a particular focus on the financial services, private equity and technology, media and telecommunications (TMT) sectors.
Paul has spent several years on secondment to our Hong Kong office and was also seconded to the in-house competition law team of a large banking and financial services organisation.
He is fluent in German, Italian and English.
- Advising CVC Capital Partners on various matters, including its sale of Formula One Group to Liberty Media and its investment in Spectrum Medical Group.
- Advising CK Hutchison on the €10bn sale of its European telecommunications tower assets to Cellnex.
- Advising AstraZeneca on its $39bn acquisition of Alexion, the largest acquisition of a US company and the largest healthcare M&A deal globally in 2020.
- Advising London Stock Exchange Group on its $27bn acquisition of Refinitiv.
- Advising Hutchison Port Holdings Trust on a long-running investigation by the Hong Kong Competition Commission into a contractual joint venture between four container port terminal operators to combine their respective businesses at Kwai Tsing port.
- Advising Comcast Corporation on its $65bn bid for the global assets of 21st Century Fox.
- Advising a consortium including ANTA and FountainVest on the €4.6bn acquisition of Amer Sports, a sporting goods company with internationally-recognised brands including Salomon, Arc’teryx, Atomic, Suunto and Wilson, in what marked the largest outbound transaction into Europe by a Chinese company in 2018.
- Acting for Permira funds on their acquisition of a 50 per cent interest in Grobest, one of the largest independent producers of aquatic feed in Asia.
- Advising several companies on antitrust investigations before the Hong Kong Competition Commission.
- Advising a global bank in relation to the worldwide investigations into foreign exchange markets.
- King's College London, United Kingdom (Postgraduate Diploma in EU Competition Law)
- BPP Law School, United Kingdom (Graduate Diploma in Law and Legal Practice Course)
- LUISS Guido Carli University, Italy (Master's degree in Law)
- Copenhagen Business School, Denmark
- Solicitor of the Senior Courts of England and Wales
- Admission to the Roll of Solicitors in Ireland