About Dr. Katharina Shingler
Katharina Shingler represents global businesses in complex civil disputes and advises in connection with internal investigations and compliance.
Her clients include industrial corporates from a variety of different business sectors and financial institutions. Her practice covers large-scale litigation, mass litigation and class actions and the related advice on strategic and commercial aspects, as well as legal project management. She also regularly acts at the interface between civil litigation and internal investigations.
Katharina speaks German and English.
- Representing a provider of gas caverns in an arbitration proceeding against a construction company
- Acting for Volkswagen in its defence against customer claims arising from the global recall of VW diesel vehicles in relation to the emission of nitrous oxides
- Advising various major national and international banks regarding investor disputes
- Representing airberlin in litigation against the airport BER regarding its delayed opening
- Advising various banks and financial institutions during investigations into alleged misconduct, and systems and controls issues
- University of Würzburg, Germany (Dr. iur.)
- University of Birmingham, UK (LL.M. in international commercial law with distinction, DAAD Scholar)
- Rechtsanwältin, Germany