About Alexander Shoferpoor
Alex is an associate in our global transactions group based in London.
He has experience advising clients across a variety of sectors on a mixture of private M&A, public M&A and equity capital markets transactions. Alex also advises both publicly listed and private companies on corporate governance and other matters.
Alex trained at Freshfields and was previously seconded to Freshfields’ Dubai office.
His recent experience includes advising:
- PSP Investments on its acquisition of a majority stake in Angel Trains, a UK rolling stock company.
- Pilgrim's Pride Corporation on the acquisition of Kerry Food's meats and ready meals businesses for approximately £700 million.
- Mercuria Energy, an independent energy and commodity group with revenues of over $100bn, on its acquisitions of strategic equity stakes in various renewables businesses, including N+P Group and CWP Europe.
- Mitchells & Butlers on its capital raise by way of an open offer to raise approximately £350 million.
- HSS Hire on its capital raise by way of a firm placing, placing and open offer to shareholders and new institutional investors to raise approximately £53 million.
- A FTSE 250 closed ended investment fund on various corporate matters.
- Magdalen College, University of Oxford (BA Jurisprudence)
- Admitted as a solicitor in 2020