About Wataru Shono
Wataru Shono is an associate in our Tokyo office.
His practice areas cover M&A and general corporate matters.
Prior to joining Freshfields, he had worked as an in-house counsel at a Japanese logistics company. He started his career at a domestic law firm.
- Advising VCA Japan, an operator of veterinary hospitals in Japan, on its acquisition of several veterinary businesses.
- Advising on the sale of a portion of the business from Celgene to Amgen in connection with the acquisition of Celgene by Bristol-Myers Squibb.
- Advising BMW on Japan's export trade controls as it develops global export trade control rules.
- Advising Catalent Group on the acquisition of the capsule manufacturing business from Teva Takeda Pharmaceutical.
The Yokohama Rubber Co., Ltd. on its acquisition of Trelleborg Wheel Systems Holding AB, the wheel systems business of Swedish-listed Trelleborg AB, for an enterprise value of over €2bn. Trelleborg Wheel Systems manufactures and sells off-highway tires for agricultural and industrial machinery. Details of the transaction can be found here.
- Ritsumeikan University (LL.B.)
- Doshisha Law School (J.D.)
- Admitted to practice as a Japanese bengoshi
- Dai-ichi Tokyo Bar Association