About Wataru Shono
Wataru Shono is an associate in our Tokyo office.
His practice areas cover M&A and general corporate matters.
Prior to joining Freshfields, he had worked as an in-house counsel at a Japanese logistics company. He started his career at a domestic law firm.
- Advising VCA Japan, an operator of veterinary hospitals in Japan, on its acquisition of several veterinary businesses.
- Advising on the sale of a portion of the business from Celgene to Amgen in connection with the acquisition of Celgene by Bristol-Myers Squibb.
- Advising BMW on Japan's export trade controls as it develops global export trade control rules.
- Advising Catalent Group on the acquisition of the capsule manufacturing business from Teva Takeda Pharmaceutical.
- Ritsumeikan University (LL.B.)
- Doshisha Law School (J.D.)
- Admitted to practice as a Japanese bengoshi
- Dai-ichi Tokyo Bar Association