About Dr. Farid Sigari-Majd
Farid is known for his multi-jurisdictional transactional work. He leads our global Iran country group and has a proven track-record in the CEE region and Turkey.
Farid has a broad experience in corporate law, cross-border mergers and acquisitions as well as corporate restructuring.
Born in Tehran, he is well accustomed to dealing with Iranian businesses, lawyers and regulators. He is additionally part of our CEE/CIS group and is one of our country partners for Turkey.
His industry focus is on financial institutions, aviation and general industries.
Farid speaks German, English, Farsi and basic Azeri Turkish.
- Advising several Asian and European investors in relation to their investments in Iran, covering various sectors, amongst others the acquisition of shares in a major Iranian e-commerce investment company, a global insurance company on their acquisitions and business activities as well as two leading European car manufacturers on their entrance to the Iranian market.
- Advising several airlines on multijurisdictional acquisitions, corporate governance structuring, as well as market entrance strategy for the CEE region.
- Advising Sberbank, Russia’s biggest bank, on the acquisition of Volksbanken International, the CEE banks of the Austria-based Volksbank group.
- (i) EGI (Erste Group Immorent) on the sale of its entire share in EGI Bulgaria and (ii) Erste Group Bank on the sale of its Bulgarian non-performing loan portfolio.
- Advising Svenska Cellulosa Aktiebolaget, the Swedish pulp and paper manufacturer, on the sale of its Austrian publication paper mill in Laakirchen to Heinzel Group, and on the conclusion of a worldwide sales cooperation agreement and supply agreement for the purchase of recovered paper and board.
- University of Vienna, Austria (doctor juris)
- Admitted to the Austrian Bar (Rechtsanwalt)