About Zachary Simon
Zachary represents clients from a range of sectors in commercial and investment arbitrations under various arbitration rules. He also advises clients on U.S. litigation matters and has gained experience as a secretary to arbitral tribunals. He maintains an active pro bono practice and has represented pro bono clients in the U.S. and abroad.
He has previously worked in the firm’s New York and Frankfurt offices. Prior to joining Freshfields, he worked for the European Court of Justice, the United States Senate, and the United States House of Representatives.
Zachary speaks English, French, Spanish, and German.
He is admitted to practice in New York.*
* Admitted only in New York. Practicing under the supervision of Washington, D.C.-qualified lawyers and application for admission submitted in Washington, D.C.
- Representing a major European industrial group in several related arbitrations against suppliers in multiple jurisdictions. The disputes involve complex technical issues of material science and failure analysis, and the question of whether the properties of the material supplied render it unsuitable for its intended use.
- Representing a major Japanese manufacturer in a DIS arbitration arising out of a commitment to divest agreed with the European Commission. The arbitration involves multiple contractual claims and counterclaims intertwined with European antitrust issues.
- Representing a financial investor in an LCIA arbitration arising out of several non-performing loans relating to a distressed energy group in eastern Europe.
- University of Michigan Law School (JD, Order of the Coif, cum laude)
- Emory University (BA)
- Attorney-at-law (New York)