About Dr. Ulrich Sittard
Ulrich specialises in employment restructurings, including voluntary redundancy programmes and negotiations with works councils and trade unions, and M&A matters – in particular for private equity sponsors and corporate clients. He advises clients on HR and employment related aspects of the digital transformation and the digitisation of the workforce as well as on the implementation of agile working methods in Germany and in an international context. In addition, Ulrich is currently advising many of our clients in dealing with the HR related consequences of the Corona crises, e.g. implementing measures to protect the workforce, but also to reduce labour costs during the crises.
In addition, he advises on constitution and occupational pension law, and on general aspects of collective and individual labour law.
Ulrich regularly advises several clients on collective bargaining and minimum wage law, and has published extensively on employment matters.
Ulrich speaks German and English.
- Advising DZ Bank on all employment and pension aspects of the sale of the land transport and aviation finance business of its subsidiary DVB.
- Advising on several restructurings and the negotiation of balance of interest and social plan with the works council.
- Advising REWE on the employment aspects of the ministerial approval of a merger of competitors in the food retail sector and on the acquisition of parts of the Kaiser’s Tengelmann business in Germany.
- Advising CVC Capital Partners on its acquisition of Douglas Holding.
- Advising EQT on the employment and pension aspects of its acquisition of the building, real estate and facility business of Bilfinger and on the employment and pension aspects of its acquisition of the hearing aid business unit of Siemens and the corresponding carve-out.
- Advising Ströer Media on the employment aspects of its acquisition of T-Online and Interactive Media.
- Advising Vodafone on the implementation of agile working methods.
- University of Cologne, Germany (Dr iur)
- Rechtsanwalt, Germany