About Louise Skipper
Louise is a corporate senior associate in our global transactions group, based in Dubai.
Louise advises on a broad range of corporate and commercial transactions specialising in advising international and regional financial investors and sovereign wealth funds on cross-border acquisitions, disposals, co-investments and management incentivisation.
Since relocating from London five years ago, Louise has advised on transactions across the Middle East, North and sub-Saharan Africa, Turkey and South East Asia.
- Warburg Pincus (the US$40bn global investment firm) and General Atlantic (a US-based global growth investment firm) on their joint acquisition of a 49% stake in UAE-based Network International (the leading payment solutions provider in the Middle East and Africa).
- The Abraaj Group in connection with its role as lead investor in Careem’s latest funding round. Founded in Dubai in 2012, Careem is an app-based car service currently operating in 20 cities from Morocco to Pakistan. The funding represented one of the largest investments in the region’s emerging technology sector.
- A consortium led by sovereign-backed Fajr Capital with global investment and advisory firm Blackstone, and Bahrain’s investment arm Mumtalakat as co-investors, on the acquisition, from Varkey Group Limited, of a minority stake in the emerging markets business of leading regional education provider GEMS Education - a UAE headquartered K-12 private schools group that plans, develops, operates and manages private schools and nurseries in the Middle East and Africa. M&A Deal of the Year IFLR Middle East Awards 2015.
- The Abraaj Group in connection with its landmark acquisition of a significant minority stake in Turkey-based hepsiburada.com, the largest e-commerce business in Eastern Europe, Middle East, Africa and Russia by revenue.
- Saudi Telecom Company on the US$865m sale of PT Axis Telekom Indonesia (Axis Indonesia) to PT XL Axiata TBK .
- LLB (Hons) Law and European Legal Studies, University of Aberdeen, Scotland
- Solicitor, Scotland, 2010