About Karen Slaney
As a former Senior Associate in the team, Karen took up her position as a Senior Knowledge Lawyer in ACT in 2021. She works across the global ACT group supporting fee earners in every aspect of their work and is a regular contributor to thought leadership pieces on new legislation and process. Karen is responsible for collecting, curating and sharing knowhow and experience throughout the ACT group and helps design, implement and deliver both global and local training initiatives and programmes. As a qualified Legal Project Practitioner, Karen also identifies opportunities to enhance the firm’s client services through process innovation, delivery efficiency and matter management.
Having trained with the Firm and qualified in 2005, Karen has extensive experience and expertise advising on international cartel investigations and complex merger reviews at both EU and national level, as well as on a number of collaborative and other horizontal and vertical arrangements. She has practised in London, Washington D.C., and Brussels.
Karen has been recognised in every edition of Who's Who Legal: Competition Future Leaders since 2017 and most recently in 2023.
She speaks English, Spanish, French and basic Dutch.
- University of Bristol, UK (LLB law with European legal studies)
- University of Leiden, the Netherlands (LLC)
- Oxford Institute of Legal Practice, UK (postgraduate diploma in legal practice)
- Kings College London, UK (postgraduate diploma in EC competition law)
Solicitor, England & Wales (2005)
- Legal Project Practitioner, International Institute of Legal Project Management (2018)