About Barbara Slooter
Barbara is an associate in the finance team in our firm’s Amsterdam office
She joined the firm in 2016. Barbara specialises in finance and restructuring transactions and has experience in various banking transactions, including acquisition finance and syndicated finance, multi-jurisdictional restructurings and debt capital markets.
Her experience includes advising:
- the global and Dutch-based IT services business Getronics on its restructuring and sale to former minority shareholder GSH Private Capital.
- the security holder in relation to the restructuring and insolvency of Intertoys and the enforcement sale of the business.
- Dutch-based Van Leeuwen Pipe and Tube Group on financing the acquisition of BENTELER Distribution, the international distribution division of BENTELER Intenational AG.
- the security agent in relation to the enforcement of its security rights in respect of a €600m commercial real estate portfolio.
- Deutsche Bank, Rabobank and ABN AMRO on the refinancing of unitranche facilities supporting a leveraged financing of the acquisition of the SK Fire Safety Group by Apax Partners.
- Law firm school
- Master (LLM) in Dutch Corporate Law (Master Ondernemingsrecht aan de Zuidas), Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam (cum laude)
- Bachelor (LLB) in Dutch Private and Notarial law, Utrecht Law College honours programme, Universiteit Utrecht