About Alison Smith
Alison advises on a broad range of corporate transactions, including public and private mergers and acquisitions, private equity investments and disposals, joint ventures and restructurings.
Having joined the firm in 2003, she now focuses on complex cross-border M&A in the retail, consumer and healthcare sectors.
Alison acts for a number of our UK-listed clients and is experienced in providing advice on governance and disclosure issues.
- Advising Berry Global on its recommended offer for RPC.
- Advising Klepierre on its approach to Hammerson.
- Advising Comcast on its takeover of Sky.
- Advising Jimmy Choo on its public sale process.
- Advising Coty on its strategic long term exclusive licence of the Burberry brand for fragrances and make-up, winner of ‘Deal of the Year’ at the Luxury Law Summit 2017.
- Advising AB InBev on its £78.4bn combination with SABMiller. Read more about the deal in our case study.
- Advising Novartis on its portfolio transformation involving multiple transactions with GSK.
- Advising Tesco on the £4.2bn sale of its Korean business, Homeplus.
- Advising Foster Wheeler on the $3bn merger with AMEC.
- Advising BAE Systems on its proposed $30bn merger with EADS.
- Advising the Rank Group on its c.£200m acquisition of the casino business of Gala Coral Group.
- Advising Alberto Culver on its £240m acquisition of Simple Health & Beauty.
- Advising the Ferrovial-led consortium on its $12bn acquisition of BAA.
- Trinity Hall, Cambridge University, UK (BA in law)
- Solicitor, England and Wales (2005)